We live and work in the Queensland communities where we operate, including our regional locations at Callide near Biloela and Kogan Creek near Chinchilla.
Our sites sit alongside residential and farming properties so a big priority is to make sure we have strong relationships with those around us and do the right thing by them…as all good neighbours should. This means being respectful and considerate at all times and operating openly.
All of our employees have an important role to play in this.
Our site managers at our power stations are required to maintain personal contact with the station’s direct neighbours and make sure they are immediately available to discuss any concerns. And our employees know to pass on to the power station manager any concerns raised by neighbours or members of the community.
This ensures we respond quickly and can take immediate action.
We have the following principles we apply to be a good neighbour:
- Communicate openly and often
- Constantly assess the impact of our operations
- Operate within the bounds of our environmental licences
- Maintain common boundary fences
- Manage vegetation and weeds
- Manage water, fire control
- Manage noise and dust
- Manage wild animals on our properties.